Nothing like snow in April. It's been pretty much snowing all weekend, I can't complain too much because we hardly got any snow all winter and it would have been a very dry summer if we didn't get some of the white stuff. I feel sorry for Kevin though because he's been outside clearing the driveway 3 times in the last 5 days, at least we have the big snow blower machine. It's about the same as mowing the lawn I guess.
Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the plowed driveway and took the kids out for dinner at the California Pizza kitchen where I totally blew my diet with a delicious BarBQ Chicken Pizza and sweet peach tea. Mmmm it was so worth it though. There was a movie theater next door and Katie and Kobe were begging to go see Monsters vs. Aliens. We haven't taken them to a movie in ages because Kaleb won't sit through one yet but it was already pretty late and I knew he would probably fall asleep pretty quickly if I nursed him in the theater. So we decided to go for it and sure enough Kaleb passed out less than 10 minutes into the movie and slept soundly the entire time in my arms. We pigged out on twizzlers and popcorn and had a thoroughly good time. It was a really good movie, Seth Rogen is hilarious as BOB. I think we'll definitely do more of these late night movies.
Today I spent the whole day working on Hip Monkey, there is still a lot of stuff that never got finished when moved the site over. So today I got the Fleurville line completely finished and up to date. It is SO time consuming but really needed to be done. There is still a ton left to do but one thing at a time right? I really want to add new product lines but I figure I should get the ones we already have finished before I start trying to put more stuff up.
Once I finished up with the website, I laced up my running shoes and went for a 3 1/2 mile run. It was one of those days when I really didn't feel like running but once I got started I felt really great and actually kept my pace at a 9 minute mile for the entire run. I felt great and could have gone longer but my shin was starting to bug me so I figured I shouldn't push it too much. My shin splints are definitely getting a lot better and only really still hurt on my left shin. It's still slowing me down a bit but not nearly as bad as a few days ago. I'm looking forward to going to San Antonio next week and seeing how I feel running at such a lower altitude.
Speaking of going to SA, I am so excited, it feels like it's been a long time since I've been "home" and I really miss it. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of family and friends that I haven't had a chance to see in a long time.
Well I better go grab a shower before it gets too late..
2 comments:
MMMM....BBQ chicken pizza. I miss CPK. We haven't been there in ages They have the best salads too!
Nathan and Maddie love Monsters vs. Aliens although Long took them and I stayed home with Noah. There is no way that boy would sleep in my arms like Kaleb does. Only his bed will do...LOL!
Great job keeping up the workouts. You really are inspiring me...now if only I had the energy =(
i really want to see that movie!
Post a Comment