Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sick of being sick.

Ever since Katie started school this year, we have had one illness after another come through our house. When I used to homeschool, we NEVER got sick. This sucks so much, it's bad enough being sick but when you have 3 kids also sick that need you to take care of them when you can barely get out of bed, it's the worst.

We got a tummy bug while we were down in San Antonio. Katie got it first so she either picked it up at school or possibly on the plane since she was sitting in a different isle than us. Of course after she got, the rest of us came down with it one by one. Once we finally recovered from that, the boys started coming down with a fever and a sore throat. Fortunately that was only 24 hours and they were better. Then the 1st day we were back home, I started getting a sore throat and fever which rapidly progressed to a high fever, chills, body aches, vomiting, and an extremely sore throat. Now Katie has it too. Ugh. Will this ever end???

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry you are feeling sick! We went through that the first year Logan was in daycare - we always seemed to be getting sick. Now we are pretty robust and immune, but it seems that eventually when kids go to school, they have to go through this stage of getting sick, and then getting everyone in the house sick too.

Christine said...

What I don't get is why am *I* getting sick too - wasn't I already exposed to all this crap when I was in school? Ugh.

Christine said...

It probably also doesn't help that there are 28 students in her class at school. That is just ridiculous. When you cram that many kids together in a small space, it's just asking for it.

Angela said...

We have the same thing going on over here. Noah is a germ magnet and picks up EVERYTHING. He's averaging 3 colds/month right now. He's sick more than he's well. Nathan got H1N1 right before Halloween. I've caught a few colds but fortunately I think my supplementing with vitamin D has really helped me get over them such more more quickly. I think the extra Vitamin D has really had a positive effect on my immune system. Well that and the Probiotic Immune boosting pearls I've been taking.

Get better soon!