Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Foxy came back and pics of the kids playroom..



*Note - click on any of the pictures to enlarge them*

"Our" mama fox came back today. We found out she was back because Aslan went NUTS, he was barking the loudest, deepest most rapid, ferocious bark I have ever heard, I went running outside to see what was going on because he never barks like that at people. Sure enough, "Foxy" (that is what we named her) was pacing around in our driveway looking hungry and scared. He was locked up on the deck, thank goodness or else he would have chased her off. I put Az inside and ran for the hotdogs that we had bought for her (all natural, no nitrates - yes I actually searched for the nitrate free kind just for the fox. ;)) and we started throwing her bits of hotdogs off the deck, which she proceeded to gobble up. I finally got the sense to run and get my camera and managed to get a few good pics of her. I need a better zoom lens to capture her eyes, they are incredible. Anyway, that was our excitement for the afternoon.
Here are a few pictures of the playroom I am putting together for the kids. Half the room is for Kobe (you can't see all of it in the pic) and has a Hide n' Slide climber, a ball pit, a swing, a train table, toddler book shelf, toy box and tons of toys. The other half (which isn't finished yet) is Katie's space. It will have her desk and chair (for homeschool) and full size bookshelf, and her art bin and art supplies. Her bedroom upstairs has all her toys and TV and everything. I just really wanted to create an area downstairs where we can work on homeschooling and Kobe can be with us and play and be entertained. Of course Katie likes to play with Kobe in the "baby" side of the room - she is such a great sister and helps him up and down the slide and pushes him in his swing. In the picture of him in the swing, he is signing "swing". The whole room is attached to the media room, the wood post you see divides the two areas, we may or may not build a wall there to really make them seperate. It's kind of nice that Kobe can go play and we can keep an eye on him while we watch a movie, so we may just leave it the way it is.
We are still working on the playground outside, we just need to get the roof and slides on and I will take some pictures. We kind of got stalled on our progress with it because of the rain. Hopefully this weekend will be clear and we can get it finished. I'm so excited to have such wonderful play spaces for the kids, it sure makes my life a LOT easier and is so much fun for them. :)

3 comments:

mp said...

Oh my gosh it looks fantastic!! I can't wait to see it in person. Morgan is going to have a blast in there! I can just see her and Kobe now....signing swing together over and over. So cute!

Katrina said...

What a great playroom! I wish I had that size playroom over here! (I can see a glimpse of your playset's slide through the window of the one photo!) You'll have to tell me how you taught Kobe how to sign -- I want to teach Andrew!

The Gomez Family said...

Hey Christine! The room looks great! :) So how did you teach Kobe to sign? I heard something about it on t.v. Can you give me some more info on how to teach Enzo and Ales to sign? That is sooo great! Say hi to Katie from Ales. :)