Katie has been obsessed with horses for a few years now, I thought it was just a phase for a long time but if anything her love for anything horse has only grown over the years. She has been begging for us to buy her a horse for as long as I can remember. I used to have a horse and barrel raced for several years so I know first hand what a tremendous commitment and amount of work a horse requires and didn't feel like she was old enough to handle the responsibility until now. So the deal is that she takes lessons for a year and does an intensive horse camp over the summer and if at the end of a year she still wants her own horse and knows how to fully care for it, we will buy her one. :) Today was her first lesson, she had a great time and handled the horse with amazing ease and confidence. The teacher kept saying how mature she was and how well she was doing, she said she was a "natural" which of course had Katie beaming. I guess it really is in her blood. :)
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Happiness is a girl on a horse :)
Katie has been obsessed with horses for a few years now, I thought it was just a phase for a long time but if anything her love for anything horse has only grown over the years. She has been begging for us to buy her a horse for as long as I can remember. I used to have a horse and barrel raced for several years so I know first hand what a tremendous commitment and amount of work a horse requires and didn't feel like she was old enough to handle the responsibility until now. So the deal is that she takes lessons for a year and does an intensive horse camp over the summer and if at the end of a year she still wants her own horse and knows how to fully care for it, we will buy her one. :) Today was her first lesson, she had a great time and handled the horse with amazing ease and confidence. The teacher kept saying how mature she was and how well she was doing, she said she was a "natural" which of course had Katie beaming. I guess it really is in her blood. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Great to see Katie on a horse! I always wanted to learn to ride when I was a little girl - I think it is a typical little girl dream - but my parents never allowed me to. So great to see that you guys want and have the power to make Katie's dreams come true!
Post a Comment