Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baby Names

I have been trying to think of baby names for this new little peanut and am kind of stuck. I want to keep with the tradition of the "K" names. It's funny that whole thing kind of got started on accident but now I feel like it would be weird to change it. We can't have Katie, Kyle, Kobe and...Bob, lol (not that I'd name my kid Bob but you know what I mean) Soooooo, if we are stuck with K names, for a boy I like:

Kaden "Kade" for a nickname - is it too close to Katelyn/Katie in sound though? Kaden - Katelyn - those sound pretty similar, as do Kade and Katie. Ugh, this is my favorite boy name but I think it won't work because of that.

Kagen "Kage" for a nickname (pronounced like "cage") - Kevin likes this one but I'm on the fence about it.

I liked the names Koen and Korbin for a boy but ended combining them to come up with Koben's name so now both of those would be too close to his name to use.

I also like Caleb, it's C instead of a K, but the sound is the same so I think it's ok.

Ummm, that's about it for boys...

For girls I like:

Kelsey/Kelsie - not sure which spelling I like better

Kiera/Kira - again, not sure on the spelling

...and that's about it for girls, not a lot I know and I'm really not "in love" with any of the boys or girls names like I was with my other kids. The more kids you have, the harder it is to come up with new names! I've used up the ones I really like already! Then there is the whole middle name issue...I'd like to somehow honor Kyle with the middle name (boy or girl) since this baby wouldn't exist if it wasn't for him but I've already used his middle name for Kobe, do I use it again for another boy? I thought about using "Kyle" as the middle name but I think it would sound weird with a K first name. Ugh, I'm stumped.

Suggestions welcome!

6 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

Suggested names....

Boy names:
Kameron,Kale,Kaleb,Karter,
Kristopher, Keegan,

Girl names:
Kirsten, Katrina, Kelly,Kinzie, Kamille,Kara, Korinne,Kloe,Kelsi

When do you find out what you are having?

Laura said...

LOL - I thought I had poisoned Kevin's mind about Kage....LOL

I think it would be nice too to have Kyle as a middle name - maybe if you go with the 'C' name in the end.

I am having a hard time coming up with a potential boy name (should we need it) too!

Angela said...

Well I personally like Kaleb the best because of the origin/meaning:

"It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "dog". Biblical: Caleb, a companion of Moses and Joshua, was noted for his astute powers of observation and fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds; his devotion to God is symbolized by the "dog" in some traditions."

I guess it doesn't hurt that I know a really cute Caleb already. I do like the other suggestions of Kristopher and Karter - very kool ;)

I also think it's a great idea to reuse the same middle name. In some Asian cultures (Chinese and Vietnamese) the children share the same middle and last name so that they can trace their heritage. This is especially important for boys since they tend to be very patriarchal societies. In my husband's family his father and all his brothers have the same middle name. His sisters have different middle names.

For girls I am partial to Kiera/Kyra because I also have a Greek friend who's daughter is the cutest little thing. I like the Kara suggestion a lot too!!! There is always Kylie, but not sure if that's way too similar to Kyle for you.

Well that's my 2 cents worth. Good luck choosing a name!

Victoria said...

First of all, congratulations on the new pregnancy. :0) I remember when you were pregnant with Kyle you seemed set on that name but for one brief moment you thought about Cole and asked opinions. Sure enough, you went with Kyle in the end. :0)

To keep with the "K" tradition, how about Korey? I happen to like the name and it's a gender nuetral name.

Now, with both Katie and Kobe you have Kyle's name honored. Kobe carries the middle name David, which was also Kyle's middle name and Katelyn's name has Kyle in it - KatELYn. So it would be very fitting to incorporate Kyle's name somehow with baby #4. Without sounding tacky, Kyle's name reversed spells Elyk. Now I've heard of an Elek before (a little boy) and I think it sounds good. Elyk is along those same lines, but of course means much more.

Well, that's all I have for suggestions thus far. :0)

Angela said...

I really like Victoria's middle name suggestion too. Elek is Hebrew for "Father of a King" or Hungarian for "helper and defender of mankind." Elyk is a neat way to spell and incorporate Kyle's name like Victoria mentioned. Great creative thinking!!!

Christine said...

Wow, thank you guys so much for the awesome suggestions!!!