I know I've said it about 100 times, but I just can never seem to get over how incredibly beautiful it is here! I am sitting here on the way-too-comfy outdoor futon swing (gotta love wireless internet), the kids are both happily playing in the sandbox on the playground, it is 72 degrees with a light breeze, the smell of pine and the sound of running water from the stream and birds chirping are so relaxing. It seriously sounds like one of those relaxing nature sounds CDs you buy. You look around and all you see are huge, beautiful pine and aspen trees swaying in the breeze. It's really easy to not get anything done around here! Should I be inside doing dishes or laundry or cleaning? Yes. But why would I want to go inside when it's so darn beautiful out here??! Maybe in the winter it will be different but for now I am in love with this place, it is one of the most beautiful, serene, relaxing places I have ever been - and I get to LIVE here! I feel so lucky and thankful for that. I can't tell you how incredibly glad I am that we decided to move out here instead of in the city. Every time we drive into Denver and see the hundreds of thousands of track homes all packed in next to each other and get stuck in the never ending traffic and the 100 degree temps, I thank my lucky stars that we chose to move where we did. The coolest part is that we still have all the city conveniences out here, they just aren't crowded like they are in the city! Plus there are all kinds of neat mom & pop shops in addition to the big franchise places (like Starbucks, Staples, Safeway, Chilli's and all kinds of other really great restaurants) , all of which are minutes from our house. It really is the best of both worlds. I can't believe I lived my whole life and never knew a place this awesome existed, I know there is no way I could go back to city life after this. I've been spoiled. :)
~
So Kobe is my third child, I've breastfed them all, you'd think I'd know how to wean this boy but I haven't a clue! Katie and Kyle both took bottles along with breastfeeding so I just slowly replaced nursing with bottles, but Kobe always has refused bottles, coupled with the fact that he LOVES nursing (I swear, you should see the way his eyes roll back and flutter and the huge sigh of contentment he makes when he latches on), I just don't know how to wean him! It's the way he "centers" himself, sometimes when he is really grumpy and just in a bad mood he will come up and ask for milk and nurse for about 2 minutes and come away a whole different baby, happy and content. I don't know what to replace that with. He still nurses a LOT and now that I am pregnant it is starting to hurt and I know it's really hard on my body to make milk for him and make a baby. I've lost 6 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. That can't be good right? So I'm off to the store today to get some goat's milk and bottles and try to see if I get him to take one for his nap today. I have loved nursing him, I actually still do, but I think, because of the new baby, it's time to stop or at least cut way back. Do they have a boob-aholics anonymous? I think Kobe might need a support group to break his serious milk addiction, lol. I think we're in for some unhappy days and sleepless nights for a while but hopefully it won't be too hard. We'll see...
~
Me and the kids leave on Sunday to fly to San Antonio! I am so excited and really miss my family a LOT and can't wait to see them. My cousin is also coming in from Guadalajara with her twin boys that are really close in age to Kobe, so it will be really fun to see them all play together. We are going to stay there all week while Kevin is in Ohio on a business trip, then he will meet us there on Fri. evening and stay the weekend and we will all fly back home together. The only problem is what to do with our dogs. It is really expensive to board them somewhere for a whole week and I feel weird about doing the whole "pet sitter" thing and giving a key to our house to a perfect stranger and trusting them to actually come every day. Sigh. I guess I better figure something out soon.
~
Well I need to make lunch for the kiddos and get Katie back to work on her school stuff - she's had an extra long "recess", man I love homeschooling :), so I guess I'll have to go inside for a while. Sigh. It's almost "too" gorgeous here, it makes you lazy!
3 comments:
Your place sounds -- and looks -- incredible. I love the playset! I know that if I lived there I would get absolutely nothing inside the house done! I'd spend all my time on that outside futon, watching my children play in the yard. And with a laptop? Hey, that's all I would need. I'd be out there all day long :)
Enzo needs to join Kobe at the Boobs anonymous meetings too! Tell me where to find one. j/k He did not stop nursing until 18 months. I exclusively breastfed him until 13 months and then tried to supplement milk into his diet but no luck there. Water and juice was my only alternative. Well, i hope you find a solution soon. Your body is taking on alot.Take care of yourself.:)
p.s. The playset looks awesome!!! :)
We just did the pet sitter thing for the cats when we were in Maine. She was a friend of a friend so we didn't worry too much about it, but man it was expensive. Too bad your NH neighbour is a beatch otherwise she could maybe have done it for you.
Have a safe trip to SA this weekend!
Kobe takes a sippy with juice and water right? How about pumping some breastmilk and putting it into a sippy for during the day? Once he gets into the swing of that, start mixing in the goats milk (which I highly recommend) and see how he does. Or do I remember that he already had goats milk in a sippy at our place.....?
Anyway, that's how I did the weaning from BM to GM in a sippy. Then instead of me putting L to bed, I would have Shane do it with a sippy of milk for a week. After that, I was able to put him to bed with a sippy and he didn't ask to nurse going to bed. Course, I had it easier as he was used to the bottle during the day anyway and didn't nurse nearly as much because of daycare.
Hope you find an answer - I do know that people have successfully breastfed all through their pregnancies and then tandem nursed thereafter....don't know if that's your bag or not....
Post a Comment