Monday, July 2, 2007

Bailey Day






So Bailey is a little town about 20 minutes west of us. We had been seeing ads in all the local magazines for a big celebration called "Bailey Day", there was going to be booths, stuff for the kids, live music, etc. - the kind of thing we love to do. So on Saturday we packed up the kids and headed out. It was fun but really hot, which sounds funny coming from a Texan. I don't know if we have already gotten spoiled by the cool mountain weather and are turning into wimps or what but we could only stay about an hour because it was so hot and then retreated back to the top of our mountain! It's amazing how hot it can get at the lower elevations, Denver gets into the 100's! It's just as bad as Texas in the summer down there, that totally suprised me. The nice thing is, while Denver is sweltering at 100 degrees, it is only in the 80's up here with a cool breeze. I am sooooo glad we decided to move here instead of Denver. Although the nice thing is that if we want to take the kids swimming or to a water park, we can just head down the hill and it is definitely hot enough! I thought when we moved to CO our swimming days were over, but I guess not!

Well Kevin leaves tonight for a business trip to Ohio, I'm so bummed that he has to go. He'll be back on Tues night, so I'm on my own with the kids till then. :( I hate being alone in the house at night, I'm really glad we have Aslan though, I think I'll feel a lot safer with him around.
Speaking of Aslan, he and Lily are driving me nuts! We have an acre and a half of land and where do they choose to pee and poop? In the freakin driveway! Ugh, seriously dogs! The UPS guy came by on Fri and I met him out in the driveway and it was so embarrasing, it looked (and smelled) like a herd of elephants defecated all over our driveway. I have been picking their poop up and throwing farther out in the yard where I want them to go but they still aren't getting the hint. All the other dogs in the neighborhood seem to though, we had 3 different dogs in the past 2 days come and poop in our yard. Every time has been when Aslan was locked up on the deck. I hear him barking and going nuts so I go out there to see some dog crapping in our yard. Nice. I let him off the deck and he chases them off but they already left their "gifts" behind. Once we have the invisible fence up and he can stay down in the yard all the time, I know he won't let them come onto our property. He's really good about chasing them off once he's down there, I just have to keep him on the deck when we aren't out there for now. He's such an amazing guard dog, he sounds and looks terrifying when he's defending his property.... then he comes running back to us with a big goofy grin, his tongue hanging out and his tail wagging. I love that dog, even if he poops in my driveway. :)

No comments: