Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sledding Fun












While driving to the store the other day we noticed there were a bunch of people sledding on the side of one of the big hills pretty close to our house. We decided to take the kids this afternoon to check it out and they had an absolute blast. It was 40 degrees (which with such low humidity doesn't even feel very cold here) and sunny - absolutely gorgeous. Everytime Kobe would go down, he'd immediately say "More, more!" We stayed for over 2 hours and had a great time. It was the first time I'd ever been sledding (being 7 months pregnant and all, I did the "baby" hill - Kevin and the kids did the bigger hill) and made me love the snow even more. I LOVE having real seasons. There is so much cool stuff to do in the snow, the best part is that it was free! Apparently this is one of the best places to sled and people come up from Denver just to go here. I got some really cute video clips of them going down the hill but can't get them to upload, I'll try again later when I get my internet back. When we got home Kevin & Katie started working on making a terrain park in our yard to go snowboarding on. They made a little jump on one of the hills in our yard and Katie can now go down the hill and take the jump on her snowboard. It's pretty cool.
Bad news is my stupid internet isn't working - I'm having to use the free wireless internet access from down the street but I can barely get any signal so it's really unreliable. I'm hoping to have it fixed Monday. If anyone has emailed me and hasn't heard back, that is why and I will get caught up on all my emails as soon as my internet is fixed. :)

4 comments:

Katrina said...

How FUN!!! I love sledding. It's good family fun and you're right...it's FREE!! -- which is always a perk:)

mp said...

aww such cute pics. Kobe looks so cute. gosh i wish we were there with yall!!!

Laura said...

I love the sled you have for Kobe! We bought a rubber ring for Logan last year - he's been out on it already this year and wants to do it by himself - getting so grown up!

Angela said...

OMG...Kobe's sled is so cute! Where on earth did you find it??? We have yet to go sledding or skiing. We have hills not mountains, but I keep telling Long it's called downHILL skiing, not downMOUNTAIN...LOL!

The kids, as in Nathan and my niece and nephew, went sledding down the slope in our backyard. They had a great time until they decided to have a snowball fight. Nathan got a face full of snow and it was all over =(