Saturday, January 19, 2008

Getting Huge...



It feels like Kaleb has had a huge growth spurt lately and I literally feel like I'm going to explode! He's still measuring 2 weeks ahead and is (I'm guessing) around 6 pounds now and his movements are getting really strong - when he kicks hard it actually hurts. His knees and legs feel really big when he shoves them out and you can rub and feel them. I can't believe he's still going to put on a couple more pounds as I feel stretched to the max already. My midwife moved my "official" due date to Feb. 21st which I'm thinking is probably exactly when I will have him (that is how far along I was, to the day, when I had Kobe) Anyway, I forgot how ready you are by the end of pregnancy to get that baby OUT! Last night I tried to cook dinner but my bone seperation thing was hurting really bad and my whole stomach just felt stretched and achy so I had to go sit down and have Kevin take over making dinner. It's so hard not to be able to do the simplest things. Rolling over in bed has become quite a production as well. I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy but I'm really starting to feel ready to have my body back and meet this little guy!
Kobe & I went with Kevin & Katie this morning to watch them snowboard and I couldn't believe how good they both are. They just sail down the hill passing people up and look like they've been doing it for years. Kobe wants to "board" (as he calls it) SO bad! I think we'll probably let him start with ski lessons next season. He's such an adventerous kid, not afraid of anything and always willing to try something new, so I know he'll do really well. He'd go out there now and try it if we'd let him!
Well we are off to take the kids to the Apex Center down in Denver again. We just discovered this place last weekend and it is so cool. They have several huge indoor heated pools with slides and a whole "water baby playground", they also have an indoor rock climbing wall and 2 ice skating rinks. The kids had so much fun last weekend and it's a fun, cheap way to spend the day and keep them entertained -plus I can sit and relax most of the time while they play so that's an extra bonus for me! :)

5 comments:

Angela said...

You may feel huge, but you certainly don't look it. You look SOOO cute! I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Maybe you'll get lucky and your little "sweetheart" will come on early Valentine's Day =)

After reading your post I am rethinking taking Nathan for skiing lessons now. A neighbor took their 4yo for lessons and they said he enjoyed for a total of 10 minutes, then it went all downhill (what a pun...hahaha). I figured maybe Nathan is just too young this year, but if you're thinking Kobe will be ready next year, maybe we should just give it shot this winter. Not like we have "real" mountains here anyway...hahaha!

That Apex center sounds awesome...just another place we'll have to check out when we're in Denver this summer along with the outdoor waterpark I remember from my childhood.

The Gomez Family said...

You look great :) I can't wait to meet Caleb too!! Katie is growing so fast. She looks like a pro on that snowboard. Take care...

mp said...

I'm still hoping Kaleb will be here in leap year day :)

that center sound really awesome. hopefully we'll be able to visit it real soon.

katie is looking really good. adam and matthew would love to be there beside her and kevin.

Katrina said...

You're belly looks sooo cute!!!! It won't be long now before you'll be holding that little guy on the outside instead of the inside...hang in there:)

Laura said...

You look adorable! I broke my news in Vegas - couldn't really hide it much longer, though people are surprised I am 5 months along and they are only now just noticing. Amazing what winter sweaters can hide!

Kevin told me what the midwife said at the last visit - I feel so bad for you girl! I wish you were not in so much pain! Won't be long now though. You're going to have another Pisces - my Mum and brother are both Pisces also!