Friday, February 29, 2008

He's Here!!!

I'm thrilled to announce that Kaleb James Miller is finally here! I'm still pretty tired and sore so I'll keep this short and save the whole birth story for when I'm feeling better. To make a long story short, he was born at 12:14am on Thurs. morning following a long day of walking at the Denver Zoo. :) He decided to make things difficult and flipped around and came out posterior (basically facing the wrong way) which gave me incredible back pain so I did the whole labor and delivery on my hands and knees. Because of his position, his head didn't mold at all (my first non-conehead) so I got to push out his big head with no help on his end. It was definitely my most painful birth experience by far. But of course it was all worth it in the end :) He came out pink and healthy and screaming. He weighed 8lbs. 2.5 ounces and was 21 inches long. One scary surprise we found after he was born is that he had 2 knots in his cord. I shudder to think how lucky we are that he is ok and how easily we could have lost him due to those knots. Kyle was watching out for us again :)

Kaleb is doing well at home now and LOVES to nurse, my milk came in really fast so I don't think he'll lose any of his birth weight at this rate. Both Katie and Kobe are absolutely fascinated and in love with him and want to hold him all the time.

So anyway, here are a few pics, I will post more once I am up and around a little more.












8 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

OMG! Christine...He is too precious. Katie,Kyle, and Kobe should be proud. :) I can not wait to see more pics later on. Please come down to S.A. to visit. :) Take care.

*Kel* said...

He's absolutely beautiful!!!!

Congratulations to all of you and I'm so glad everything went well and you are both okay (and I'm sorry about the tough labor and delivery- ouch!!!)

Glum Betty said...

He is too cute :) Looks alot like Kobe, but the nose is a little different. Can't wait to see more pics and get an update!
Jess

Katrina said...

WOW -- What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations to the entire Miller family -- and Christine....GREAT job! Your delivery sounds a bit painful, but I'm so glad that everything went well and you now have a healthy baby to hold. Can't wait to see more pics!

mp said...

He looks exactly like Kevin!! And it kinda looks like he is going to have lighter hair.

It's weird because all the others were like a mix of yall but he looks like all Kevin.

Can't wait to see him in person and hold him!

Laura said...

He is gorgeous - reminds me a lot of Kobe when he was a newborn!!! How cute are Katie and Kobe holding him - what great big brother and sister! I am sure Kyle made sure Kaleb was protected!

I had back labor too and I agree it is painful hell! If you managed all that without drugs, you amaze me!

Glad to hear all is going well and you are settling in at home. Take care hon - let's catch up when you ever get a minute.

Angela said...

So sweet and precious. I know you must be enjoying every second with him.

Sorry to hear your labor was so painful, but I'm sure your sweet little treasure made it all worthwhile in the end.

Congratulations!

Eileen said...

Christine, what a courageous woman you are. You did a great job, and I'm so proud of you. Kaleb James has a wonderful mom and a most beautiful family. I'm so glad he's here.
Love,
Mom