Saturday, June 21, 2008

No free time!

It seems that I have the intention to blog about something nearly everyday. Something will happen and I'll think "Oh I want to write this down so I don't forget" But alas I never seem to find the time and I do forget. :( I want this blog to serve as a journal I can look back on when my kids are older and remember all the little things that happen everyday that make up our lives. That is one thing I wish I had done when Kyle was here because it is inevitable that eventually you do start to forget what the days were like and the little things that happened.

Things have just been so busy lately between the kids, the household stuff and Hip Monkey, it seems I never have time to just sit down and relax for even a moment. The nanny/housekeeper we had for a while got to be so unreliable we finally just let her go so I've been totally on my own for a while now. The phone rings ALL day, which makes for some very interesting customer service phone calls w/ me running from room to room to escape the noise! Sometimes I feel like I am just spinning my wheels because we had a couple days last week where we actually paid more in google ad costs than we even made. I've tweaked our ads a bit so hopefully that won't happen again. Talk about frustrating, I'm basically working my butt off so google can get richer when that happens. We have got to find a way to increase our sales and lower our ad costs.

So we are now in the process of interviewing nannies with the hopes of finding someone I can feel comfortable leaving my kids in their care. It's VERY hard! I have some great friends around here that would make awesome nannies but they all have kids of their own and I have learned the hard way from our old nanny that I really need someone with no kids because bringing more kids into my house during the day just makes things even louder and crazier. So the hunt is on for a new nanny. I put an ad up with a supposedly really good nanny agency but have yet to find anyone good. Maybe I'm just picky but I still haven't found anyone I really, truly like and would want them in my house everyday. Of course I'll be here all day too so it's not like I won't be able to supervise what is going on, but still.. I want to find that "right" person and that just hasn't happened yet. I just have to get someone in here to help me with the kids because I can't do it all by myself, the kids need more attention than I can give them at this point if I want to keep this business going. We have another interview tomorrow morning, hopefully this one won't show up with a lip piercing and reeking like cigarette smoke (sadly, I'm not joking).

Kevin's uncle came up to visit today along w/ his mom and grandparents. It was really nice, we all sat out on the new deck and visited for a while. I LOVE our new deck!! Then we took them up to Evergreen and went to eat at the Aspen Grill which has a big outdoor patio that overlooks Evergreen Lake, it is so beautiful. You can rent paddle boats or canoes and go out on the lake. We didn't do it this time but I definitely want to go back soon and do it. Oh speaking of Evergreen Lake, Kevin & I are planning to renew our vows there in June of 2010 for our 10 yr. anniversary - so if you are reading this, you are invited! Our anniversary is actually Jan. 3rd but I wanted to have it outdoors in the summer so it will technically be our 10.5 year anniversary. :)

Evergreen Lake Clubhouse

The kids met some neighbor kids and they have been having a blast playing outside on the playground in our yard. I don't think they have spent more than a few minutes inside during the day all week long. I don't blame them, the summer up here is just incredibly perfect, it never gets above 80 and the sun is always shining. It's the kind of weather where you have every window and door in house open. This is by far my favorite time of year here. If we could live here in the summer and in Puerto Vallarta in the winter, that would be absolute heaven!

So now that the deck is done, my dad & Kevin are onto the next project - a room addition off the kitchen to give us a big dining area! The kitchen really needed it & I can't wait till it's finished. Eventually we're also going to gut the kitchen entirely and put in new flooring, counter tops, cabinets and add and island bar. It will be awesome once it's all done and add a lot of resale value to the house. It's nice that my dad and Kevin are able to do all the work themselves because it saves us a ton of money but it's difficult since Kevin now spends his evenings and weekends helping my dad and I usually end up on my own with the kids for 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week. Once all this construction is done I think I'm going to treat myself to a spa day! I have been thinking about getting that Japanese Straightening done on my hair for a long time, maybe I'll go for it and do it.

One last piece of great news - I can now wear my pre-pregnancy clothes!!!!!!! Every mom knows what a happy day that is when you can actually get your pre-pregnancy jeans up over your butt and actually buttoned! I've still got some work to do to get where I want to be but it is a huge relief to be able to wear all my old clothes again. Getting a treadmill was the best investment, it's so nice to be able to work out whenever I can fit it without having to worry about someone watching the kids for me. I think a set of weights is next! :)

5 comments:

Glum Betty said...

Can't wait for that vow renewal. Out anniv. is Jan 3rd too, lol!

Angela said...

I feel your pain, and I KNOW you are 10X busier than me.

Glad to hear you were able to unwind and enjoy your new deck. Aspen Gril and Evergreen Lake both look and sound awesome. What a great place to renew your vows. We are thinking of renewing ours in 2011 on a beach somewhere in Hawaii, which in retrospect we wish we would have done in the first place rather than deal with all the stress and cost of a formal wedding ceremony and reception. But alas...hindsight is 20/20 right?

Here's to hoping you are able to find more free time on your hands.

The Gomez Family said...

That is awesome,but you have never had trouble getting into your pre-pregnancy form. :)Great job with the kids and work. I don't blame you for being picky about a nanny, those are your angels. You know better than i do that you have to protect them and make them feel safe. If you don't feel comfortable with the nanny---more than likely they won't either.

mp said...

i hate that i'm not there. i would totally be your nanny for free.

love the evergreen place. can't wait to go.

we need pics of the deck!

Laura said...

The deck looks awesome!!! Shane has been painting ours and doing yard work while he has been home after Taran was born - slowly things are getting done in the house - still have the playroom and bookcase to do, but they have only been on the list for about 5 years now (the bookcase anyway!)

I was just thinking about wedding vow renewals myself - this will be our 5 year anniversary this year....I think waiting another 5 is a good idea as the kids will be older and able to get in on the fun. The location you chose for yours is beautiful - we'll be there!

Hope the nanny interviews went well!