Sunday, June 1, 2008

This kid is amazing!

She is only 9 years old, listen to her talk!! http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2007/07/06/ypwr.adora.svitak.cnn

Her website: http://www.adorasvitak.com/Main.html

I was obsessed with reading and writing when I was a kid. I always had my nose in a book (I even used to get in trouble at school for reading while the teacher was talking) and loved to write short stories and poems. I can so relate to the love of reading this girl has and really hope my own kids can find that passion. Katie is really just getting to the point where she really enjoys reading and takes a book along when we go out and reads in restaurants, the car, etc. I love seeing her read and am going to start encouraging her to write poems and stories.

Speaking of artistic expression, we got Katie an easel, canvases and oil paints for her birthday! She LOVES, I mean absolutely loves to paint and draw. I'm so excited to see what she creates with her new art supplies! I got the canvases so we can start decorating our house with her work. I'll share some pics after she gets a chance to paint some.

3 comments:

Glum Betty said...

Wow, interesting link. That little girl speaks better than I do...
Me speak bad ;)

Angela said...

I was a book worm as kid too. However I can't remember the last time I sat down and read a book that wasn't child or parenting related...hahaha!

mp said...

can't wait to see katie's art. tanner is a book worm just like me. she has recently started writing her own songs for when she becomes a rock star :)