Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lemonade Stand Day 2




Today the kids sold Lemonade AND Brownies, they were such a big hit we sold out by lunch time! 2 full size pans of brownies and 5 gallons of Lemonade later, they had to put up a "closed" sign because people were pulling in the driveway hoping to buy more! A pretty successful business venture if you ask me. The fire department had a call in our neighborhood and stopped for Lemonade and brownies on their way back. I thought it was so cute seeing them all out there I had to take pictures.

So the kids decided that they are going to go to Baskin Robbins and buy ice cream cones with their hard earned money and then donate the rest to the Foundation. Katie came up with that all on her own, she is such a sweetheart.

3 comments:

mp said...

awww how cool!

The Gomez Family said...

She is already a great little entreprenuer! :) That is too cute to have the firefighters there...Katie she feel very good about her services to her community. :)

Angela said...

DANG!!!! Sounds like the Lemonade stand is some serious competition for Hip Monkey...hahahaha!!!

They should advertise with a sign about donating to KDMF, pass out fliers, and have an "EXTRA DONATIONS" jar like I did at my garage sale last year. They might rake in some SERIOUS cash!

I'm glad they are having such a good time with their stand. I think things like this teach kids many wonderful real-world skills and instills a healthy work-ethic at an early age. Plus they think it's FUN! Can't beat that.