it stops working?? It seems this has happened with all my kids. We struggle to find something that works to get them to sleep and as soon as you discover the magic secret, they go and change and it doesn't work anymore! So Kaleb is very excited about his newest skill....rolling. Front to back, back to front, he can do it all and boy is he proud. The moment I put him down on his tummy, he flip over to his back. The moment I put him down on his back, he flips to his tummy. This is all well and good and exciting when he isn't supposed to be napping or sleeping but it presents a problem when I'm trying to lay him down to go to sleep. A rolling stone gathers no moss and a rolling baby gathers no sleep. Ok that was kind of dumb but it just popped in my head and sounded clever before I actually typed it out. Anyway, I'm back to nursing/carrying/patting combo of trying to get Kaleb to bed now. Sigh. Oh well, there are worse problems I could have. I actually love that he is getting older and more sturdy, I'm not really crazy about the baby period where they are so fragile and tiny. He can sit up now in that tri-pod, baby gorilla type pose now and it looks so cute. I need to get a picture of him doing that. He loves to be tickled and laughs hysterically if you just look at him funny. He's always looking for a reason to smile or laugh. I love this age so much. He starting to like to get lifted up in the air and bounced and just turning into a fun "older" baby. He is a jumping fool in his little bouncy jumper thing. He drools like a faucet, he goes through multiple bibs in the course of an hour. I guess it's early teething but it doesn't seem to bother him yet so that's good. No pain, just drool. He likes to coo and make lots of noises and blow bubbles with his spit. I'm totally in love with him. :) I think I'm addicted to having babies. How am I ever going to decide that "No, I don't want to ever experience this again."? The thought alone makes me want to cry. It's not just the baby part I like, I love it all and the older they get, the more fun it is. Maybe it's because I'm an only child but I love having a big family. I think about the future when the kids are all gone and come home to visit us and bring their spouses and children and I imagine this full table full of faces of people I love and I honestly can't think of anything better.
Well Kobe is climbing all over me wanting attention so that's all the time I get. :)
Well Kobe is climbing all over me wanting attention so that's all the time I get. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment