Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kaleb Update







I realized it's been a while since I posted new pics and an update on Kaleb who will 7 months old tomorrow. Can you believe it?! His "stats" are: 23 1/2 pounds (naked) & 28 inches tall - still way off the charts. He is such a chunky monkey, I love squeezing his chunky thighs. He is by far my most dramatic baby, he can be the happiest and the whiniest baby all within a few minutes. He has learned the fine art of "fake" crying to get attention. It's so funny, he sits there and looks at you and goes "ah-ah-ah" waving his arms around and then as soon as you pick him up, he is all smiles. He LOVES to be tossed up in the air, my arms and shoulders are sore nearly every day from lifting him up and down and up and down all the time. He loves to be standing, if you hold him in your lap he will squirm and wiggle around until you put him up on his feet so he can stand and bounce in your lap. He can also stand up on the floor and hold on to the sofa for a while and loves his jump-a-roo thing. He is eating 3 solid meals a day now in addition to nursing. He is trying so hard to crawl and can get up on to his hands and knees and rock back and forth for a while before he flattens out. He can roll both ways and scooch enough to make me nervous about leaving him on our bed for naps. We ended up buying a crib and he uses that for naps now. He still drools like a faucet but so far no teeth yet. He is really developing his own sweet, silly, unique personality and stealing our hearts more and more each day.

Kobe is turning into such a wonderful big brother and is very protective of Kaleb. When any other kids get near him, Kobe will stand right next to Kaleb, hold his hand and tell them "This is MY brother". I don't think Kaleb will ever have to worry about getting pushed around with Kobe watching out for him. :) I love watching the relationship develop between them, having 2 of the same gender is new for me and it's really cool watching that bond form. I can't wait to see them running around together - which will happen in the next few months!!! The time is just going by so incredibly fast.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

He is the BIGGEST baby!! No wonder your arms get sore. What a chub-chub. Such a cutie :)

Angela said...

OMG!! Your 7mo weighs more than my 2yo....LOL!! I only wish my kids had chubby little thighs for me to squeeze.

mp said...

um excuse me? why isn't he wearing my bib?

he's so stinkin' cute! i can't wait to see all of them again!

Laura said...

Wow - he is a chunky monkey!!! Mama makes rich milk!!!

He's so cute - I see a resemblance to Kobe when he was a baby.

Time certainly flies!