Friday, September 26, 2008

Moments

There are moments when everything is absolutely perfect, when I'm sitting at the table having lunch with my kiddos and everyone is behaving, smiling and interacting beautifully. I look over at Kaleb, who is munching on a wagon wheel snack, he looks up at me with those big blue eyes, smiles and coos at me and my heart just melts and I think "I could do this again, we could have one more kid." I'm so in love with these little people, how could I not want more of them??!

Then there are other moments. Moments when Kobe and Katie are fighting about something stupid, both yelling, Kobe doing his best "glass shattering" scream. Kaleb is tired because he has barely napped all day and fussing and crying and won't go to sleep. I'm about to go jump off the deck because I'm exhausted and desperately need a break. Those moments I think there is no way I want to have another one and just can't wait till they all get older and things aren't so crazy and stressful.

It's funny how much your feelings can change so drastically from one moment to the next. :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I hear ya!!! Right up till Logan was 8 months old, I often wondered aloud why anyone would 'do this' more than once....and here were are...doing it again.

mp said...

awww, but think of those thanksgiving dinner tables when they are all grown and have their spouses (morgan and matthew) and their kids (OUR grandkids) over. won't that be so nice with tons of people in the house?

have you seen dan in real life, the movie? they have a family vacay and i was like "awww, see adam we need more kids or we will never have that!" watch it!

The Gomez Family said...

I am with you there. Sometimes i want another and then i think that i should just concentrate on the two i do have. They are such precious angels. Enjoy them to the fullest. :)

Angela said...

I am so feeling that roller coaster ride on a daily basis. We are seriously considering stopping now that Noah has arrived, but then when I pick him up and think to myself, "Is this really it? Is this really our last one?" I just want to cry. One day I want to give away my entire maternity wardrobe and the next day, but I like my cute preggo clothes and I might need them on day. And just the thought of giving away all of Maddie's outgrown clothing makes me want to both hurl and cry at the same time.