Sunday, February 22, 2009

PV Day 4

Today was really nice, we slept in and then walked down to the beach the Paradise Village hotel and had breakfast outside at a table by the beach. That is probably my favorite thing to do down here. They have this amazing breakfast buffet, omelet and waffle bar and fresh squeezed juices. Sitting by the beach, having a delicious breakfast watching the waves crash and feeling the cool morning breeze...it's as close to perfect as you can get.

After breakfast, we walked to the nearby mall and got the kids a couple new outfits. All the tank tops and shorts they wore last summer that I brought with us are already too small for them so they really needed a few new items. We got some ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins and walked back to the condo.

A little later in the day we went down to the pool and spent a lot of time working with Kobe trying to show him how to float on his back and doggie paddle without his floaties. He made a lot of progress but I'm still going to be watching him like a hawk around the pool from now on. Once we get home I am definitely signing him up for swimming lessons at the rec center. Anyway, my cousin Francesca and her family met up with us at the pool and we had lunch at the poolside grill. Afterwards we went with them to mall for Starbucks and ice cream and the kids were having such a great time we decided to go back to their house to continue the fun. We spent the evening at their home and had a great time catching up while the kids had a blast playing with their boys. It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful family. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am jealous of all this sunshine and vacationing you are enjoying! ;) Our friends also just got back from Mexico (Mayan Riviera area) and it sounds like Paradise indeed! Wish we could get away....we have two weeks in the UK in September this year as my oldest friend is getting married - the flights alone will bankrupt us! Yikes!!! Vacation got doubly expensive!

*Kel* said...

Man, I want to go back to Mexico!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast (minus the swimming issue! Jace has done that too- I've never been so scared in my life!) I'm completely jealous though. Continue to have a blast!!

Angela said...

Now I'm hungry AND I want to go shopping...LOL!