Sunday, March 22, 2009

Great week

Well the Parker family has come and gone for our annual Spring Break get together. We had so much fun with them this past week, hence why I haven't had any time to blog, and I am really sad to see them go. We spent a good mix of time just hanging out at the house and also going out and doing stuff. The most fun was probably just hanging out after the kids went to bed, drinking Mojitos and Margaritas and either talking or watching movies. Yes we watched Twilight the night it came out on DVD and it actually wasn't quite as bad the 2nd time around. Anyway, I was trying to think of all the things we did this past week and decided to just make a list...

Kevin, Adam & Matthew went fishing in Silverthorne

Christine, Marie, Tanner & Katie went to the mall for a "girl's night" and got mani-pedi's, took the girls shopping at Justice and ate dinner at Pei Wei

Went to the Denver Zoo

Went to park in downtown Denver

Went hiking to Maxwell Falls

Went to Amazing Jakes (indoor amusement park)

Went to White Fence Farms

I've got a ton of pics that I will post soon, I just need to upload them. It was such a great week, I really, really wish we all lived closer together.

The weather today was gorgeous, there is a cold front coming in tonight so Kevin and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go for a run with the boys in the double jogging stroller while my dad stayed with Katie (my dad got here on Friday for a short visit). I've been running at least 2.5 - 3 miles at least 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks on the treadmill and oh my, running outside here is about 10'x harder! Kevin and I ran for 3 miles and I don't even know how it's possible but it was almost ALL uphill. I thought I was in pretty good shape from all my running on the treadmill but that about kicked my butt. While we were running we came across a huge herd of about 150 Elk, it was incredible. They were grazing and laying in the grass and a couple of the young males were locking horns and play fighting. We've seen the herd several times from the car driving by but it was surreal to be right there standing a few feet away from them watching them. After we got home there were a bunch of deer grazing in our front yard so we cut up some apples and the kids tossed them apples and carrots and they all came running toward us, it was hilarious. I LOVE living here.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Sounds like a great weekend spent with best friends -- nice!

That would be only too cool to see all the elk just a few feet away -- wow! And good for you for doing all that running -- reminds me that I need to start exercising again! Do your knees ever get sore from running? I must have weak knees, because mine do.

We've watched Twilight 3 times here already...my oldest daughter is completely addicted to Twilight. I really didn't think the movie was that bad at all...but I think that is because I was geared up to hate it. Most movies don't do the book justice, anyway. And how in the world could they ever get a guy to match up to the looks of the real Edward Cullen, anyway? I didn't think Rob Pattinson was that far off the mark, in some ways. I thought they made the make-up on Carlisle WAY too white. I thought the casting all in all was done very well. Everyone seemed to fit their character in the book.

Laura said...

Sounds like a wonderful week with friends!!!