I ordered a Britax Multi-tech from Denmark back before Christmas last year but it got lost in the mail. The girl who sent it to me was sweet enough to follow up with the post office, get a refund for it and buy me another one and shipped it out. It arrived yesterday and man this seat rocks. It's like a Boulevard on steriods! I really don't understand why they don't offer these in the US?! So Kobe is going back rear facing today! I'll post pics once we have installed. Thank goodness the manual is in english, I was worried the whole thing would be in Dutch!

Check out the support leg for rear facing

Kobe not in the mood to pose

Forcing a smile for mommy :)
7 comments:
Ah - glad it got there! I had to let Kevin in on the surprise - Lena wanted a picture taken of your face when the seat arrived! I hope he got one!
So I guess now that you've moved out of the mountains and away from the Deathway you want to try rear-facing again? I remember how torn you were about turning him forward-facing at 18mos because you were concerned about being rear-ended by a semi.
So now I'm curious, how much is Kobe weighing these days, what's the RF limit on that seat, and how much does one of those suckers cost?? Not that I have any plans to turn Nathan back to rear-facing since he turns 5 in 2 months, but I'm interested in the details nonetheless.
Lena here,
Angela,
The price tag is real big sucker at 530 USD shipping included. I had someone in Sweden send it out for me.
Christine:
AD and I divide the rest of the cost 50/50 between us. You have paid enough. I email Laura about this on Kyle´s birthday, and I didn´t even know.
Yeah, it was a combination of things that made me decide to put him rear facing again, moving away from the 285 Deathway was a big one but also just more research I found. Seeing as how Kaleb is off the charts for height and weight just like Kobe, I figured it would be especially good for him when he outgrows his Signo rearfacing before he turns 2 like Kobe did.
Right now Kobe is right at 40 lbs. and Kaleb is 28 lbs. I'm going to keep Kobe in the Multi-tech until Kaleb starts getting close to 35 lbs and then pass it down to Kaleb.
It kind of reminds me a Frontier more than a Boulevard, but maybe that's just the color scheme playing with my mind=)
Neat seat! I'd definitely want one of those if I didn't have peanut-sized kids. Nathan was 33lbs on his 4th birthday and had I gotten a Radian from you then, I probably could have kept him rear-facing for another 6 months or so. Maddie is around 24lbs and she'll be THREE in less than 3 months. Since that's how big Nathan was at age 2, I'm guessing she'll be rear-facing until age 5 or 6 in plain-old Boulevard...LOL! At this point preemies born after her have surpassed her in growth...LOL! Might be worthwhile to take her to an endrocrinologist since the GI docs can't find anything wrong with her.
Looking forward to seeing installation pics and how much room that monster takes up in your Hummer.
Andrew is 2.5 years old and 38 pounds. I would love one of these seats -- why don't they sell them here in the US? Andrew should still be rear-facing (or I'd like him to be) ...but he weighs too much. :(
the weight limit is 55 lbs.
Post a Comment