Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Holy Hail!






We had a CrAzY hail storm late this afternoon. It started out slow and then picked up to the point where it was coming down so hard and fast it was deafening. I have never seen hail come down that fast, the only way I can describe it is "angry", the sky just let it rip! It was coming down so hard it was knocking the pinecones out of the trees and they were falling everywhere. It was so cool, I think we must have said "Oh my Gosh" about 50 times. We had all the windows and doors open and stood there watching it totally fascinated. The weather up here is nuts and SO much fun! I love storms, when I was a kid my dad used to take me up to Helotes and watch the storms develop and I guess that is where that fascination started, I loved watching the lightening light up the sky and hearing the thunder and smelling the rain. Experiencing it up here, the way the storms form over the mountains right on top of us, is like watching it in high-def!


4 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh My Gosh!! That looks so awesome! I would have LOVED being there for that. I, too, love storms!!!

Katrina said...

Oh My Gosh -- that looks soooo awesome! I would have loved that! Maybe not standing OUT in it, but being in the house as it's happening. I love storms!!

mp said...

Too cool. Did Kevin make it home ok in that?

The Gomez Family said...

This weather is sooo crazy! It looks like ya'll had a tremendous experience with all that hail. Now i know what a hail storm really looks like. Keep safe!