Well things are moving along with the new business! We ended up having to change the name because when we went to incorporate, we found out that there was already a company in existence that started with "Mom & Tot", so after much brain storming and frustration that every idea I came up with was already taken, I finally came up with the name "Hip Monkey". I call Kobe my little "hip monkey" because he always wants to be carried and is forever on my hip. I also like the double meaning of the word "hip", like as in "trendy" so I thought it would be cute for a store name. I originally thought we weren't going to be able to use the name because the website was already taken but I emailed the person who owned it and asked if I could purchase it. Well after learning about Kyle's story and the Foundation and how this new business will be donating a large percentage of it's profits to the Foundation, she offered to give me the domain name at no charge. How awesome is that??! So we filed for incorporation and just got our paperwork back today so we are now oficially Hip Monkey, Inc. Our website should be up soon and will be http://www.hipmonkey.com/
My friend Heather, who designed the "Turtis the Turtle" logo for the Foundation has graciously agreed to take on the task of designing the site and graphics and I am so excited to see how it turns out!! I have been in contact with the various manufacturers whose products I want to carry and am the process of applying to be an authorized retailer with them. I also got a 1-800 number set up today so things are coming together! Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have a website up with products available for purchase! I am so super excited, this has been SO much more work than I anticipated but I know it will be worth it very soon. It has been a dream of mine for a long time and now it is so much more meaningful since it will be helping the Foundation. I'm just so happy and excited to see it all coming together. :)
Anyway, I'm happy to report the horrible stomach bug has left our house...hopefully it's not coming to yours! It seems to be going around quite a bit here and it is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. We really tried to quarantine ourselves so we wouldn't contribute to spreading it. My biggest pet peeve is when people go out or take their kids out when they are obviously sick and contagious, it's got to be the most selfish, rude thing anyone can do. We were at the musuem a few weeks ago and there was a girl there who was coughing and sneezing and blowing her nose like crazy, it was so gross! What possesses people to go out in public like that?! I used to work at a gym daycare and people would bring their kids in sick ALL the time, it was horrible, I ended up quitting because I had my kids with me there and they would constantly be getting sick too. I just don't understand how people can't take a couple days to take care of themselves or their kids and contain their ilness and quit spreading it around! Anyway, that's my rant for the day. :)
Hopefully I will be updating soon with news that our site is up and running, so if you are in the market for car seats or baby stuff for Christmas, hold off on your purchase so you can buy from us! :)
5 comments:
Christine, this is SO exciting! I can't wait to see your website and begin my Christmas shopping!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name you chose!! It's unique, and like you say, it has that double-meaning which I think is so cool.
How exciting! I'm so happy for you for getting this up and going. It sounds like it was a lot of work, but I know it will be worth it :)
You continue to amaze me with all that you do...
Ha! I remember you working there! ;-)
That's so awesome about the new store! I can't wait to see everything you have available... I hope it works out GREAT for you!!!
And I'm glad you guys are all feeling better- finally!
can't wait to see it!
glad you guys are better.
Wow, I can't believe how much you are able to accomplish in a day, let a lone a few months time - absolutely amazing!! I can't wait for your new store to open and will definitely hold off on a few gifts because I just know I'll find something I love once you open your store.
I don't know if you've thought about it, but if you do decide to carry g-diapers, let me know. I'll totally order refills from you ona regular basis rather than buying from a local store.
About your rant...you sound just like me. I hate rude, inconsiderate people who bring their sick kids everywhere, including playdates. HELLO!!! At least let everyone know your kid has the sniffles so we can decide if we want to risk it or not. I can't tell you how many people bring their sick kids to church to put in the classrooms with other sick children. We are constantly skipping church every other week because either Nathan or Maddie gets sick from someone else's sick child and then we skip the next week so that our sick kids don't spread it to others. Why can't other people just do the same? I'm sure God will be okay with them skipping a Sunday to take care of their sick kids. Ugghhhh...so annoying!!!!
I can't wait to see the new store! I have a ton of pregnant friends at the moment, so this will be good timing!
Have you checked out carseatponcho's? I just bought three of them online last week for gifts. Thought it would be a good idea along the car seat safety theme.
Post a Comment