I just had to write this down because it was such a powerful moment. Today is the day Kyle died, 3 yrs ago on the Sunday before Memorial Day is when we were in the accident. I was sitting down reading a book and Katie came in the room carrying Kobe and said that he was sad and had snuggled up next to her on her bed while they were watching TV and told her that he missed his big brother. Kobe talks about Kyle quite a bit so it wasn't that big of a surprise. I think Kobe might have gotten to know Kyle on the "other side" before he was born because he recognizes Kyle in any picture and always says he misses him. Anyhow, a few minutes later after they had gone back to her room, I was reading my book again and all of the sudden I very clearly heard and saw the moments after the accident in my mind. I heard myself screaming words that until now I had forgotten. But there was something almost peaceful about the way I felt and at that moment I knew that Kyle was trying to tell me to be at peace about his death and know that he is OK. I felt the urge to look over at my laptop which was sitting next to me on the couch and saw Kyle's smiling face (his picture is my background) and then I glanced down at the clock and I think my heart stopped for a second when I saw the time....3:13
Kyle's birthday is 3/13. I think in the past 3 years this was the most convincing experience I have had that Kyle is still alive, just not in the physical sense and that he is watching over us. I talked to him for a few minutes and right as Katie and Kobe came running into the room I felt him pull his energy back, almost as if to say "You know I'm ok, so focus on my brother and sister now"
I don't know if this will sound totally crazy to other people but it was such a real and powerful moment for me.
5 comments:
I'm glad you were able to feel Kyle's presence today and that you were able to talk to your "Bubby." I don't think you are crazy at all. Thinking of you and praying for the entire family especially today. May you have sweet dreams of your little angel tonight. HUGS =)
Wow, Christine. What a powerful moment. It does not sound crazy at all. I have no doubt that what you felt and sensed at that moment was very real. Kyle is with you, will always be...ties to our loved ones, especially our children, do not end just because they have died. They are still with us, we just cannot see them, but instead we feel them, just as you did today. The fact that it was 3:13...that just proves that Kyle is trying to impress upon you that he is indeed okay where he is at, and he is watching over you all. He's with you guys. No doubt about that. I know this day is a hard one for you. I'm glad you got this message from Kyle today :)
wow, that is amazing. i was sad all day sunday. it's hard for me to not remember sunday and see that thursday is the 29th, not sunday. it will always be sunday before mem. day.
I don't think that this is crazy at all - I actually think it is comforting.
I thought about you all day Sunday and tomorrow will be the same.
I know Kyle is with you - as Trina says, the bonds with our children don't sever just because they are no longer with us.
Christine, I have felt Kyle's presence many times and felt him tell me, "I'm OK, don't feel sad about me, keep on going grandma." Kyle is very much alive in heaven at Jesus' side and in our hearts and minds here on earth. There is no doubt about that. One day we too will join him in heaven. I'm sorry you were having such a hard time, and I'm glad that you were reassured by his presence and his love. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment