Ugh, I have got to get away from work for a while. I told myself I wouldn't come here and blog all about work because it takes over enough of my life so I'll update what is going on in our lives outside of Hip Monkey.
My dad is here! He drove up a few days ago and is going to stay with us for the summer. There is no work in San Antonio right now, not to mention it's 100 billion degrees so he decided to come up here since there is a lot of work, the pay is much better and the weather is so much nicer. He's actually helping Kevin replace our deck right now. The old deck was built really crappy and was sagging and dangerous so it needed to go. They are making the new deck MUCH bigger - it used to be 6 feet out from the house now it will be 16 feet! It's going to be huge! I'm so excited to be able to have a big deck that we can put a table and chairs on and sit outside and the kids will have enough space to run around and Kobe can ride his little ride on toys on it. After the deck is finished we are going to put flagstone down underneath it and have a huge covered patio. The summer here is just gorgeous and you want to be outside all the time so it will be nice to have all this outdoor living space. Once that is all done we will probably start on the kitchen. It is in desperate need of updating. Kevin ripped out the old nasty linoleum so we are walking around on subfloor right now! We are going to tile it and replace the cabinets and counter tops. Now Kevin and my dad are talking about knocking out a wall and putting in a breakfast nook. I think I'm going to be living in a construction site for a long while yet because after that's all done, we want to build a new garage and convert the current garage into living space to create an office and guestroom....It will be really nice once it's all done and will add a lot of value to the house when we go to sell it.
My treadmill was finally delivered today!! Yay! It came in a huge box so I'm glad my dad is here to help Kevin haul it inside and assemble it. I can't wait to start using it. Everyday I have this plan to go running but by the time the work day is done, it's time to make dinner and put kids to bed and by the time I'm finished with all that it is dark outside. There is no way I'm going running around here after dark. There are no street lights and there are wild animals with sharp teeth! It's funny, I didn't like to run outside in the city after dark because I was worried about the 2-legged predators and now that I live out of the city, I still don't want to run after dark because of the 4-legged kind. It's always something! The treadmill is going to be the perfect solution for me because I don't have to actually leave to house to run, I can do it while the boys are napping. We are going to Puerto Vallarta in August for my Grandpa's 80th birthday so my goal is to try and get to a point where I feel somewhat comfortable in a bathing suit before then. There is nothing worse than going to the beach and feeling self conscious and uncomfortable in a swim suit.
Well Kaleb is crying and the kids are in the kitchen "making pudding" - whatever that means! So I better run!
5 comments:
The updates on your house sound so nice!! You'll have to post a lot of "before & after" pictures on your blog so those of us far away can see the progress. That deck sounds amazing!
I think I would be like you in not wanting to jog at night with all the wild animals out there! Good, safe choice to get a treadmill:) We have one here, but it's not used much right now because I'm pregnant and not into working out. I was the one who used it, not the kids, and Rich goes to the gym all the time. So right now it's collecting dust...but in just 2 more months, it will be getting some use from me....because like you, I want to look decent in a bathing suit for OUR Mexico trip in October!! :)
That rocks that your Dad is spending the summer with you guys. I'm sure the kids will just love having this extra bonding time with Grandpa. Not to mention all the nice upgrades your house will be getting a whole lot sooner than you expected with good old dad helping you out and saving you tons of money in the process.
Can't wait to see the progress in July =)
i'm glad your dad is there! can't wait to see the new projects.
see you guys in a few weeks!
Thinking of you all today and sending my love out to you....I know Kyle is with you.
That's great your Dad is with you and will be helping you work on the house - can't wait to see the pictures.
Thinking of you all today and sending my love out to you....I know Kyle is with you.
That's great your Dad is with you and will be helping you work on the house - can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment