I'm not sure if I mentioned it but me and the kids are flying down to San Antonio tonight to spend the week visiting with my mom and family. Flying alone with kids is always interesting - wish me luck!
So we decided to go with another house that we had looked at previously when we first started our home search. We really liked it a lot but it had 2 "buts" - the 1st "but" was that the driveway was kind of steep and narrow and hard to turn into. The 2nd "but" was that the master bedroom was on the main floor and the kids bedrooms were upstairs. Besides those two issues it is an amazing house and the owners are willing to leave the pool table, piano, exercise equipment (there is a full gym in the basement!) and the projection screen equipment in the media room. It's a really awesome house for a great deal, in the area we want to be in, so I can't really be bummed that we ended up with it. It does have a couple things we didn't really want but it has a ton of stuff we do want so I think we'll be able to make it work and enjoy living there. I'll try and post some pics later. :)
2 comments:
Ya know the master being on another floor might not be such a bad thing. We used to run right into Maddie's room the second she would whimper (and she's 2 now not a baby), but after our 2 weeks of co-sleeping while traveling we realized she's just crying out in her sleep and ends up going back to sleep on her own. So now that we are home when she cries out, we let her be and she goes right back to sleep on her own rather than us trying to console her only to end up waking her up. The problem is that her bedroom is right next to ours so we still hear her cry out and end up waking up anyway. I always say when we move back to CA I want a ranch with the master on the opposite of the house, or the Master on a different floor. That way it seems more like a retreat.
So you may have had to settle for something slightly less than perfect, but at least you'll have more room to spread out and in the long run you'll be much happier with more space especially now that Kaleb is almost mobile.
Good luck traveling. At least you have Katie as a helper. I know how tough it can be traveling alone with 2 little ones. I only did it once and it was tough. The flight crew was so much more helpful when I was traveling alone than when Long and I travel with the kids. When I traveled alone the pilot offered to take one of the car seats down the aisle for me. When we traveled with all 5 of us last week, they held one of the car seats at the front of the plane and made Long walk all the way up to the front of the plane to retrieve it once all of the other passengers had boarded. Just loved the dirty looks we got from other passengers because they were then waiting on us to install the seat and buckle Nathan up before pulling back from the gate to taxi and take-off.
Good to hear you have another house sorted that you like - looking forward to pictures.
Travel safe!!! I am not brave enough to fly with the kids solo (not actually had a need either, but it would be daunting to say the least)
Post a Comment