I've never had song sing so true to how my heart feels. Missing you so much bubby.

The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time
And I am here still waiting, though I still have my doubts
I am damaged at best like you’ve already figured out
I’m falling apart, barely breathing
With a broken heart that’s still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I’m holding on
I’m barely holding on to you
The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded but I’m an open book instead
And I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for purpose they’re still looking for life
I’m falling apart, barely breathing
With a broken heart that’s still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I’m holding on
I’m barely holding on to you
I’m hanging on another day
Just to see what you will throw my way
And I’m hanging on to the words you say
You said that I will, I will be okay
Broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now; haven’t forgotten my way home
I’m falling apart, barely breathing
With a broken heart that’s still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I’m holding on
I’m barely holding on to you
3 comments:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lifehouse ever since their first album. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs too!
So sorry you are missing your Bubby...
I am so sorry Christine....if I could take even just a little of your pain and bear it for you, I would. My friend. My inspiration. I wish I could mend your broken heart.
I'm sorry sweet baby girl. I know that this is how you, Kevin & Katie are feeling, and I'm so, so sorry! !%&#!! Why did this have to happen!!!!!!!!! Such a loss for all of us. I love you baby girl. I truly believe that we will see Kyle again, and these tears will turn to laughter. I'm hanging on to that promise and not letting go. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment