Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Music

Stole this from Marie :)

A pal of mine blogged about an email she received asking her for a favor. Apparently her friend's social anthropology class project for the semester is finding out what makes people tick. The idea is to tap into people's play list and see...well, what makes them tick. What's their jam? What makes them get going in the morning or for a run?

So, I've posted 10 of my songs, chosen at random thanks to iTunes shuffle and explained my reasons. I thought it was sort of fun and hopefully not too embarrassing. You should do the same!

1.Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf
Does any song on the planet rock more than this song? Show me a person who can sit still when this song is on.

2. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
This is my running jam, nothing gets me to pick up the pace like this song. I must have run hundreds of miles while listening to this song, it's been on my MP3 player for years and it still rocks. "I'm a bitch, I'm a lover I'm a child, I'm a mother I'm a sinner, I'm a saint I do not feel ashamed"

3. Fortunate Son by CCR (Creedence Clear Water Revival)
It has an awesome beat and I love the lyrics. CCR is one of my top 3 favorite bands of all time, they have so many awesome songs. I think I was born in the wrong decade.

4. Fighter by Christina Aguilera
This is towards the end of my playlist and really gets me to kick it into high gear and not quit running when I'm getting tired.

5. Take it Easy - Eagles
I love the Eagles, they are one of the greatest bands of all times. This is my favorite "cruisin" song. It wouldn't be a road trip without an Eagles CD.

6. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
This is the most beautiful song. I used to dance with Kyle when he was baby to this song so it holds a special place in my heart.

7. Landslide - Stevie Nix
I love Stevie Nix's voice, I grew up listening to her because my parents liked her and the love got passed on to me.

8. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Who doesn't like this song? This song reminds me of playing pool in highschool with my friends and underage drinking. lol

9. Danny's Song by Kenny Loggins
I love this song because it reminds me that I have all I need in my family. I used to listen to this song when we were poor and in college raising 2 kids and could relate to it so much because even though we were poor, we were blissfully happy. " And even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey, And everything will bring a chain of love. And in the morning when I rise, you bring a tear of joy to my eyes, And tell me everything is gonna be alright."

10. Jack & Diane - John Melloncamp
Another one of my highschool memory songs, so many parties with this tune on... It's just a fun jam that never loses it's appeal.

It is obvious from my playlist that I am not remotely into "today's" music? The best music came from the late 60's & early 70's and nothing today even comes close. For some reason no Beatles songs came up but they are another one of my faves.

5 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

I totally love 'Tiny Dancer' by Elton John and 'Landslide' by Stevie Nicks< Dixie Chick version is good too! :)Come by and view my list on my blog.

Katrina said...

I was born in the wrong era, too. I love music from the 60's and early 70's.

Angela said...

Your playlist ROCKS!!! My parents were teens in the 70s and since I was the offspring of teenagers...guess what I grew up listening to? Classic Rock baby!! The song I chose for my father-daughter dance at our wedding was "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. Long is a HUGE Eagles and Fleetwood Mac fan too =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCO8KkkmdIE

Laura said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiny Dancer - even more now that I know you danced to it with Kyle! ;)

CCR also a fav. of mine. I used to sing in a band and we did quite a bit of CCR songs.

Also, love the Eagles - we seem to have very similar tastes in music!

mp said...

classic, love them all!