Saturday, December 6, 2008
Big Feet
What is with my children and their gargantuan feet??! We were at the mall today and I decided to try and find some shoes for Kaleb at Striderite since the poor kid is always going out in just socks and it's starting to get really cold. They had the cutest little shoes for crawlers, specifically made to be able to crawl in. They were so stinkin cute and I was so excited to get them for him. The girl comes over to help us and sizes his feet and says "oh, they don't make these shoes big enough for him." What? Turns out he is a size 5 Extra Wide and they only make the crawler shoes up to a size 3. UGH! The next "stage" is for early walkers and goes from size 3-5, so he just BARELY fits in those. The next stage after that (size 5 and up) is for toddlers and have a harder sole and are really bulky for a baby who isn't even walking, which is what he is going to have to move into after he grows out of the pair I got him today (which will probably be in the next couple weeks). So I got him the size 5 in the cutest pair I could find in the "Stage 2" but they are still pretty bulky and not at all as cute as the little moccasin style soft "Stage 1" shoes that he is supposed to be wearing but can't because of his gianormous feet. I remember having this exact same problem with Kobe and being equally as frustrated. Why can't they make the crawler shoes in bigger sizes or why can't my kids have normal sized feet?? Katie is already in a size 4 (she can pretty much start wearing women's sizes now), Kobe is a size 11 and Kaleb is size 5XW (Kyle was the same way too and was already in a 12 at age 3) We spend a small fortune on shoes at the rate they all outgrow them. I guess they get it from Kevin, he wears a size 13 shoe. Hopefully they will grow into their feet because the poor kids look like they have clown shoes on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Have you tried Robeez? I love them for crawlers and early walkers. Not quite as cute as some those ones at Stride Rite, but cute nonetheless. The little brown booties would look adorable on Kaleb and they have sizes to fit 2-4yrs old.
www.robeez.com
We have the exact opposite problem at our house. Maddie is 2.5yrs and is just now wearing a size 5...HAHAHA!!!
We have big feet in our family, too. My grandfather used to say we'd be better off throwing away the shoes and wearing the boxes.
and while we're on the topic, I hate shopping for shoes for me because everything looks so darn cute in a size 5.5 which is what is displayed...then they bring the same shoe out in my size 10.5 and it looks like a completely different shoe! I'm like, what happened to that cute shoe that I picked out? It looks so cute in the window in a size five....
what happened?
Since I'm 5'9" in height, if I had a size 5 foot, I'd tip over. I need my big feet to keep me balanced.
Oh well.
Robeez and Pedipeds are what you are looking for!
I forgot about the Pedipeds...those are great too!
Post a Comment