Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let it Snow!









Ok, it finally feels like Christmas! I'm not sure why, but I'd been having trouble getting in the Christmas mood this year. Last night I stayed up late buying all the kids Christmas presents on Amazon and this morning woke up to over a foot of fresh snow. Now I'm finally feeling it! Every tree in our yard looks like a Christmas card. It almost seems strange living up here in a forest of Christmas trees, to go cut one down and put it in our house. Katie is bugging me daily to get a tree through so we will probably go get one later today. I finally feel ready to "do" Christmas. With only 16 days till Christmas, it's about time!

I am dying to hit the slopes with all this fresh champagne powder, it is so dry you can't even make a snowball out of it. It will be so fun to ski in it! The kids have been outside all day today playing in the snow and riding their sleds down the hill. Katie's friend Luke came over and they are all having a blast. It's definitely a "snow day", although I'll probably have her do some work later this afternoon. That's one of the great things about homeschooling, as long as she gets her work done by the end of the day it really doesn't matter when she does it. I love that flexibility.

Our neighbors just had a baby so I made a chicken casserole for them last night and took it over there this morning with a couple of baby gifts. I remember when I had each of my babies, my favorite gift was a home made meal. Hopefully they like it. I actually made 2 casseroles and we had one last night and it was really yummy. Everything was from scratch though so those kind of meals usually turn out well.

We are going tomorrow to look at a couple houses that are for rent, I'm getting more excited about the idea of moving. I get restless after living in one place for a while so this will be a neat way to try something else without actually committing to it long term. We've just got to hurry and get our house finished so we can rent it out. I'm so ready to have more space to spread out, especially with as much time as we all spend at home - I homeschool, work from home & Kevin works from home, so it is more than just our house. It is our office, our classroom and our home and the place we are in now is just not big enough to meet all those needs. There is hardly any storage space and I feel like we are tripping over each other and all our stuff. We also have a lot of guests with my family coming to visit so frequently so having a real dedicated guest room will be great as well. Of course this move means we won't have Annie anymore but with Kaleb getting older and Marie helping with the business I think I will be able to handle it. One of the places we are looking at comes with free weekly maid service built into the lease price so maybe I'll still get a little help!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! We've only had a dusting so far and today it is in the 60s which is just so weird!

Angela said...

Cool!!! Good luck house hunting. I'm jealous. I soooo want out of here. The kids are so cute!