Well after much driving around and looking at houses we finally found 2 we really liked. Both were in the city but on at least a half acre with great views and had the perfect layout for us. Out of the two, one was taken off the market because the owners changed their mind about renting and just want to sell it and the second turned out to be some kind of scam and we almost got ripped off for a deposit. We caught onto the scam and canceled the check before they could deposit it. Thank God. We had a weird feeling about it, it was just too good to be true, so we started looking into the "management" company and figured out that they weren't legit. Apparently there are a LOT of rental scams going on right now. We read about one guy who rented the same house out to 25 different people, took their deposits and skipped town! I am so disappointed because I really like both those houses a lot. We haven't seen anything else that even compares. We looked around yesterday in Highland's Ranch. It was horrible. The houses are like 6 inches apart and all look exactly the same. Your "view" is the roofs of about 100,000 other big brick boxes. It's suburban hell. Traffic everywhere. I just can't do it. After living in the mountains for almost 2 years I have gotten so used to the open spaces and lack of traffic and crowds, it's SO hard to go back to it all. The whole time we were looking around there I kept thinking about that movie "Over the Hedge" - they SO based that movie on Highland's Ranch, CO! Seriously, I kept waiting to see the crazy HOA president lady driving around in her SUV measuring the grass height of people's lawns. Check it out...


S0 we're just going to keep looking and hopefully find something in the foothills with a good bit of land but closer to Denver and will give us the space and layout we need. Patience is a virtue right? In the meantime, our house is coming together really nicely. We have Annie's son here painting and he has repainted almost the whole interior of the house and trim already! It looks amazing. Kevin put new lighting fixtures up in the kitchen and downstairs and is going to work on tiling the floors in the kitchen and dining room this weekend. I'll post some pics once it is all done.
2 comments:
Man, that really really sucks Christine!! And it sucks that there are people out there who have no problem scamming normal, hard-working people.
I hope youo guys can find what you're looking for AND get a good deal!!
i love over the hedge. "we eat to live and they live to eat!"
"that's what called a couch potatoe. that's a pie hole. they bring the food in and then they bring the food out. that's a food delivery guy."
that housing sucks, glad you didn't find anything there.
Post a Comment