Sunday, December 21, 2008

Well Maybe...

So the house we really liked and had put a deposit on (but stopped payment on because we thought it might be a scam) is being listed again by the owner this time. I spoke with him and he said he had not authorized that rental agency to list it and when he found out about it he contacted them and told them to remove it from their listing. So we might be able to rent the house we loved after all... I'm talking with the owner right now trying to come to an agreement on the terms. So, we shall see..but maybe, just maybe we might get the house we loved after all!

My dad is driving up here right now and is somewhere in Kansas. He should be here before dark today, yay!! I love having my parents here. Once we settle on a rental house, my mom is planning on also renting a house nearby so she can move up here. That will be so awesome!! It sucks living far away from family.

Our remodel is coming along really nicely, Kevin is almost done with the dry wall - I didn't realize how many steps that took (tape, mud, sand, mud, sand, texture) or how messy it is. He also bought all the tile and is going to work on laying the floors next week. Check out this picture of Kevin of after he finished sanding...

3 comments:

Angela said...

Well at least you'll know what Kevin is going to look like when he "goes gray" HAHAHAHA!!!

How exciting about the house and your mom!!! I sense some more date nights for you and Kevin with your mom around more often =)

Laura said...

That's so exciting your Mum will rent a place nearby too!!! LOL at the picture of Kevin and I am so weird that I spot the box of breastpads in the background!!!

Angela said...

You're not weird, Laura, I spotted them too!!! I only use the Lansinoh brand...HAHAHAHA!!