Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Sorry about my last grinchy post, this is what I have been wanting to post but couldn't find my camera cord. We had a really nice Christmas this year, my dad came up and we enjoyed the spending the day at home opening presents and having a yummy turkey dinner. We tried to only get the kids nice, bigger presents they would actually use and forgo the tons of cheap toys that they would tire of after a week. Between us, Santa and our family and friends sending gifts, they got way too much stuff to list so I'll just highlight the favorites. The biggest hit so far seems to be the Everlast heavy boxing bag and gloves we got Katie & Kobe. They love beating the crap out of that thing! We also got Katie a really nice golf set (bag and clubs) so that she can try golfing in the spring. Kobe's favorite thing is probably a tie between his new bike and his Geo-Trax stuff, it's currently taking up half his room. Kaleb likes the boxes more than any of the actual toys. :) He does seem to like his big "toy cube" (you know the kind they always have at the doctor's office waiting room) a lot though - almost as much as the box it came in. Kevin & my present to each other is a trip to Puerto Vallarta in February. We decided we'd much rather spend a week on the beach with the kids than buy "stuff". I already can't wait to break out the shorts and tank tops! I've got a goal to lose 10 more pounds by then (that will put me at my "vegan" size 2 weight!) I think I can do it if I can just stay away from all this darn delicious Christmas candy and left over pie!!!

Today we went up to Evergreen Lake, had a nice lunch and "ice skated" in our tennis shoes. Can you believe that it was the first time in my life that I have walked on a frozen lake?! Here are a few pics from the past couple days..







4 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE the kids Christmas outfits. They look so cute!! Long never understands why I get the kids Christmas outfits ever year. I guess you have to be woman to understand.

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas and I am jealous of your trip to PV. I'm starting school at the end of January so we aren't going anywhere for awhile. I just need to complete 2 prereqs each semester and then I can apply to some programs. So yeah I'm really jealous that you get chill on a beach while I'll be cracking the books...LOL!!!

mp said...

i love the kids outfits. they are so cute! your hair has gotten so long!

glad you guys had a great holiday!

Laura said...

We have those same outfits for the boys (as you probably saw from our Xmas Card). I messed up with Kobe and Kaleb's present - they shipped it here instead of to you guys - I mailed it off yesterday so hopefully they won't be too mad with me! ;)

Pictures look great! Your weight loss is going really well too! I have about 5 lbs to lose and a Mummy Tummy! ;)

Eileen said...

What incredible pictures! I love them! I love you. I love you all. Merry Christmas!!!
Mom