Kaleb took his first steps yesterday!! He is 10 months and 3 weeks old. He has been pulling up on the sofa and then turning around and facing out while leaning back on the couch for support. Today he was doing that and was standing up pretty much by himself so I sat in front of him and called him and he took 2 steady steps before lunging the rest of the way towards me. He was SO proud of himself, grinning and bouncing up and down in my lap, he knew exactly what he had done. He keeps doing it over and over and can consistently take at least 2-4 steady steps. Now he is trying it on his own and will let go of the sofa and take a step or two on his own without anyone calling him and then bend his knees and lower himself down to the ground and crawl. I think he'll be full fledged walking in a matter of days. I'm happy for him but sad that my baby isn't going to be a baby much longer. We got him on video taking a couple steps, check him out...
I was going to post this yesterday but my laptop completely crashed and I ended up having to go get a new one last night. My old one was being held together with duct tape and was missing 8 keys so I think it's safe to say that it was it's "time" to go anyway.

4 comments:
Awhhhh!!! So precious! Thank you for sharing that! I love when they take their first steps. They seem so unsure of themselves at first, but then they get that huge smile on their face when they actually start to take those steps. It is priceless.
How exciting for you and sad at the same time. Kaleb is growing up so fast, almost too fast. Why can't they just stay little?
Oh my gosh he is so cute!! you are gonna have your hands full now!!
Wow!! How exciting! Way to go, Kaleb! Such an early walker!
I think Aria will be an early walker, too. She's just 5 months now and is crawling on hands a knees already. Hmmmm. I'm so not ready for her to be mobile! But, she has her own agenda....
Look at him go!!! Yay Kaleb!
I think I will have my baby for a bit yet - he's not even near to crawling and he hates solids!!! LOL!
Post a Comment