
Friday, October 17, 2008
My Stalker
Yes, I have a stalker. He is completely obsessed with me. He is an odd stalker though, he is only 3ft tall and wears Batman underwear. He follows my every move and professes his love to me 100 times a day. The thing is, I love my stalker with all my heart, I just need a little space! If you haven't guessed by now, my stalker is Kobe. The boy takes the term "mama's boy" to a whole new level. He is my shadow, I can't leave the room without him running to follow me. If I need to run outside just to get something from the car, guess who must go with me? Going up or down stairs just to grab something? I have someone trailing behind me yelling "wait for me!". Need to run an errand to the store? I've got a buddy going with me. I haven't gone to the bathroom without an audience in I don't know how long. He will even sit in the dark next to me while I put Kaleb to bed. Seriously, isn't that weird? Wouldn't you think it would be more fun to hang out with his sister and dad and watch tv or something? Nope, he sits there silently (because he knows I'll kick him out of the room if he makes a peep) in the complete darkness, patiently waiting for me to get Kaleb to sleep. He never leaves my side. He also refuses to stay in his own bed, we got his room set up so cute with a little race car bed and everything. He loves it but only if I'm in there with him. Every night, without fail, I hear my door slam open and he climbs up in my bed. The problem is that Kaleb is usually already there and even though it's a King size bed, 4 people is a tight squeeze. It's also not good enough for him just to be in my bed, he also has to snuggle up next to me as close as humanly possible, I think he really wants to just climb back in my womb. When I turn on my side to nurse Kaleb he takes the opportunity to wedge himself into my back so tightly that it is physically impossible for me to roll back onto my back or reach around behind me to move him. As a result of this my neck, back and shoulder are killing me. It's hard to get upset about all this, he is so sweet about it and gives me about 100 hugs a day and tells me "I love you so,so,so,so,so,so MUCH!" and has starting holding my face in his hands and saying "Mama" in the most loving way. It's so sweet but sometimes I really want to stretch out in my bed for a couple hours and get some good sleep and maybe even take a relaxing shower without him standing in the bathroom asking me 100 times "are you done yet"? I treasure him so much, I know how incredibly lucky I am to have him here. I don't ever take that for granted and I love how much he wants to be with me. I feel bad complaining about anything but sometimes it just is a little much, especially the night time thing. I'm literally sleep deprived and in physical pain. I'm just not sure how to get him to stay in his own bed without creating a huge drama or making him feel unloved or unwanted. I love my little stalker, I just need some sleep!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sweet, that stalker of yours:)
I know the shoulder pain you are talking about... when you are forced to sleep with one arm up while nursing, not being able to roll over. Yep, that sure hurts. Every morning I bribe one of my kids to massage my right shoulder before I get out of bed :)
maybe you should try getting a restraining order on that kid. tell him the cops will come for him.
no i'm totally kidding. try the chart hanging in his room and take him to the toy store when he has slept in his room for one full night by himself.
Awwhh...so sweet. That's a tough one. I like Marie's idea. I also read a book about infant/children sleeping issues and it suggested sleeping on an air mattress in their room and moving it closer to the door every couple of nights until your child is secure enough to sleep in their room. Don't know how that would work for you though with having to nurse Kaleb at night unless Kobe would be comforted by Kevin sleeping in his room.
Anyway...best of luck with that and I hope you get some relief soon. Try a chiropractor for your pain - mine does wonders for me and for Noah who is less fussy after 2 adjustments =)
Oh yeah - got that shoulder and back pain myself from nursing overnight - my problem is I fall asleep in that position and then am too scared to move for fear of waking Taran up!
Post a Comment