Being the sweet person I am, I volunteered to stay home with Kobe and Kaleb so that Kevin, my dad and Katie could go skiing/snowboarding today. Annie is off this week (and was last week as well) so we didn't have anyone to leave Kaleb with. We debated with taking him there and taking turns watching him in the lodge but I just didn't think it would be that fun and would be hard to not have anywhere to put him down for a nap. So, here I am, home with babies while everyone else is out having fun. :) Guess it'll give me time to clean and tackle the laundry thats been piling up the past week. WooHoo!
So I reread the Twilight series again, well I'm actually halfway through Breaking Dawn so I'm almost done. It's the first time I've ever reread books so soon after reading them the first time. It's Edward and his darn perfectness I tell you, it's addicting! The way he loves Bella so perfectly, protectively and unselfishly and would rather die than live without her, well there just aren't words for it.... Of course he was created by a woman (Stephenie Meyer). ;) I'm going to make my sons read these books to get an idea of what every woman wants. LOL
- Hey guys, here's a huge tip for you - stop reading Playboy and start reading Twilight - I promise you'll get a LOT more action! LOL (That was to "men" in general, not my amazing hubby - he actually did read Twilight and doesn't even look at garbage like Playboy. But most guys do and are just so ridiculously clueless.) Anyway, Katie actually kept begging me to let her read them so she is currently reading Twilight. It's very PG so I think it's ok. Might as well teach her to set the bar high early on. lol
On a different topic, I have been thinking a lot about starting to act again. I miss it so much, it is something I have loved all my life. After Kyle died I just didn't have the emotional strength for a long time to even think about it. I think I'm ready now though. I've learned how to better deal with my emotions and put the pain "away" so that I can function. I don't think Kyle would have wanted me to give up something I loved and enjoyed so much. So, once I lose these last 10 pounds, I'm going to send my headshot and resume out to some agents in Denver and see if I get any response. Once we move down there and I'm not doing the shipping for Hip Monkey anymore (we're sending it to Amarillo!), I think I'll have the time to put towards it again. Just the idea of it makes me so excited I get butterflies in my stomach. There is a really great theater scene in Denver as well so hopefully I can get my feet wet again with some plays soon.
So I'm very hopeful to see what this New Year brings. :)
4 comments:
I know the feeling. Long took Nathan for his first skiing lessons a few weeks ago and I had to stay home with Noah and Maddie. Now there's no snow so I don't think I'll get any skiing in before we head to CA and Tahoe next week. Man, am I gonna be sore!!!
I'm so happy you are planning to take up acting again. If you do any theater performances let me know. I'd love to do a weekend getaway to Denver and Long and I could come see you perform.
Whoa...moving the shipping to Amarillo. Does Marie have space in her dinky apartment..LOL! That's cool that Marie is able to take on all of that work. I don't know how you ladies do it with 3 kids. I am STILL adjusting, and I hate to admit it but sometimes I forget to brush my teeth all day. Thank goodness it's only on those days I don't leave the house.
Wishing you much happiness in 2009!!!!
You go girl!! Scripture says that you will be restored and compensated seven times over for what was taken from you, if you do not lose faith. So, get ready for your acting career to blosom and boom. Choose your roles very carefully so that they honor God, you and your familly, and have fun!
a mom is someone who sees 4 slices of pie for a family of 5 and promptly announces she never really did like pie.
i remembered that quote when you said you stayed home and let everyone else go skiing.
i hope you do start acting again and hope to see you in the theater soon!
I really hope you start acting again! Kyle will be so proud to see his Mummy up on stage again!
Marie must have a HUGE apartment! ;)
Post a Comment